“Do not allow the distractions of your day, your body, and your thoughts to own you. Step outside of the body and observe it as a vehicle that you instruct, a vehicle that transports you through time and space and documents experience. When you have a thought of someone who has passed into spirit, you are with them. When you hold a thought of disease, you start to become it. When you have a thought of limitation, you are gifted it. Where your thoughts are is where you dwell, it is your creational address. This address then becomes your quantified universe and defined field of light. Redefine who you are to yourself and then it will follow as the day follows the night that you will be re-defined in every cell of your body, and level of your life. Do not be humbled by your own light, for it is grander than you can conceive. That is your Divine Right and your Divine Inheritance. All things belong unto you.” ~Rev. Angela Peregoff
There was a study done recently on goal-setting. 100 people were asked if they had goals for their life and out of that 100, only 10 people said yes that they had goals. After following those 10 goal-making individuals, they found that only 2% of them actually went on to achieve their goals. What was different about that 2%? Why did they go on to achieve their goals but the other 8 did not?
I travel all over the world and have spoken to many different types of audiences. I have facilitated lectures to CEO’s all the way to upcoming female leaders in Gambia, Africa that could not read, write or speak English. One thing I find in common with all of my audiences is that when I ask the question, “Who in here knows what they want? Who has goals for their life?” I get the deer in the headlights look. A few stragglers raise their hands (that 2%), but the others act as if I just asked them a question in Swahili. It still to this day puzzles me as to how any of these individuals make decisions in their life not knowing what they want?
One myth many seem to believe is that life just happens and our job is to respond to life in the appropriate way. That could not be further from the truth. That is like saying you are a pinball in a pinball machine getting knocked around this way and that by life and you just have to take it. I choose to believe something different. I choose to believe that creating our life the way WE want is a God-given right. We are the Michael Angelo’s of our lives…we are the creators.
What is different about that 2% who go on to be creators of their lives?
- They take the time to define their priorities – what are your top three priorities in your life right now…in order? Family, career, physical health? There is no wrong answer. If you do not know what your priorities are, everything, my friends, becomes a priority! Priorities shift and change as you change. Define them today and revisit them often.
- Their behaviors match their word – once you have identified your priorities, make sure your behaviors match what you say. That is called self-integrity. If I were a fly and followed you around all day long, at the end of the day, I should be able to tell you what your priorities are by watching your behaviors. If your behaviors are not in line now, make adjustments.
- They define very specifically what they want – make a bucket list of things you would like to do, have or accomplish before you “kick the bucket.” Be as specific as you can (color, place, time). Do not worry about how what you identified will come to pass, just write it down. If it pops into your mind, it goes on the paper.
- They have a plan of action – take the top 3 items on your bucket list and make a plan of action – dates and all. Identify what you need to do, piece by piece, to accomplish this goal. Work backwards from the end point to today. Have the self-discipline to stick with it. Ask yourself why you want this goal so bad and if you want it so bad, why haven’t you achieved it yet? Make a plan of how to overcome these obstacles before they arrive.
- They have an undying belief in themselves and see their goal as already accomplished – the old adage of seeing it before you believe it has really thrown a glitch into the thinking of many individuals in achieving their goals. The true equation of manifesting what you desire is to BELIEVE IT, DO IT, HAVE IT. You must believe a thing is true first in order to act accordingly. Your believing begins with your thoughts: your conditioning leads to a thought; every thought leads to a feeling; every feeling leads to an action and this equals your end result. Change your thinking and change your life (there is a great book with that as the subtitle coming out in 2 weeks! Stay tuned… J)
Starting today, begin to believe you have the right to life; the right to live that life the way YOU want to. Go grab a “paintbrush” and start your masterpiece.
One of the 2%,
Chris Sopa is founder and owner of Chris Sopa International, Inc. You can learn more about her at www.ChrisSopa.com. Find her at Facebook.com/ChrisSopaInternational, Twitter @ChrisSopa, LinkedIn, and Google+.